I forgot I made a draft of this post during Easter weekend. Whoops.
Easter is so great. I like it. A lot. My parents love hiding things from us, so this is pretty much their holiday to really shine. My mom is a great hider. Not such a great rememberer. Almost every year there's one egg we just can't find. This year we broke with tradition and found all of them. Probably because my Dad helped her hide them and his mind is pretty much a steel trap.
The primary colored eggs with chalk at our house. They left the chalk. Then Jesse found a turtle. One thing led to another, and I would like to introduce you to Roscoe the Easter Turtle. Be aware that it washed off easily and went on painlessly. No animal was harmed during this process.
My mom has the cutest little "Happy Easter" bunny blocks she sets out every Easter. This year Jesse and I were left in charge of the decor and cleverly arranged them to spell "Pay Pee Trash." We had our giggles, and then promptly forgot about our trick. So that's what the little bunnies proclaimed to the primary during their Easter party. It became a game to see who could come up with the best alternative combination. I feel like my dad won with "The Raspy Ape." But I "Peers & Apathy" was a close second. I don't know why we don't play Scrabble more often. I love my family.
Sidenote: I love visiting my old ward. Everyone asks about my life. But what they're really asking is, "Why aren't you married?". Some are more subtle, but others just come right out and say it. It's so funny. Best question of the weekend: "Well, you got yer eye on someone steady, girl?"
Sidenote to the sidenote: Yes. Yes I do.
I'm also SO excited for the summer. No class and warm weather make Lindy a happy girl. I have plans. Big ones. I'm going to make a list just so I don't forget them.
1)Read books. I'm taking suggestions now. It's been ages since I felt the delight of an amazing new book.
2) Jogging. Every morning before work. Now that I've written it down it feels more concrete.
3) Trip to Texas in June! One of my very best friends from MIDDLE school (we go way back) is getting married, and I wouldn't miss it for anything.
4) Skydiving. We found a great place, and we get a group discount. All we need is the perfect date.
5) I'm going to New York City to visit Jesse. He's working up there all summer.
6) My wisdom teeth are being viciously ripped from my mouth June 1st. I feel like they didn't even get a chance to thrive.
Well, that's all I can remember for now.