I've taken steps to reduce this
Today, it was all about the hair straightener.
This is where my hair straightener lives:
Today I decided to straighten my hair. But when I tried to turn my straightener on, I found that it was unplugged. The only plug along this wall is hidden deep within the narrow and unreachable recess between the dresser and the wall. I asked Cory if he had unplugged it. He had. Turns out, he's noticed I have a habit of turning the straightener on in the mornings, and forgetting to turn it off. Then it burns all day, and will probably explode and kill us all.
I'm aware of this habit. This is why I purchased the metal, presumably fireproof, tray. This was my solution.
Cory wasn't buying that the tray would keep us safe. I promised to be more vigilant with the "off" switch, and he plugged it back in for me. All was right with the world.
On our way home from church, Cory says, "Hey, you turned off your straightener, right?"
Me: Of course I did...Probably.
Me: I really think I did...
When we walk in the door, we both make a bee-line for the straightener, where it sat with it's little red light blinking proudly, signaling to all the world that it was hot and ready to go at 400 degrees.
So, needless to say, we're working on fire safety in our house this week. Wish me luck.
Also, the rug came in!!! I love it.
|Don't you love my fancy slipcover? I call it "An old sheet draped over a chair I found in the street, with some fancy knots tying the edges together under there."|