Sunday, June 5, 2011

My blog got deleted this week.  Thursday afternoon as I typed in my blog address and hit enter, a funny screen came up. It said "The blog at this address has been removed."

I was shocked. Then I tried to deny it. "I must have typed it in wrong" I said to myself. So I typed it in again, this time slowly and carefully. 

I got the same message.

Then I was angry. All our stories were on that blog! I was going to make them into a book so we could remember our first year of marriage. I thought there must be something I can do to get my silly blog back.

I started researching the issue. Seems blogger has been trying to manage spam blogs with an automated system. Something in my blog triggered the spam detector. I initiated a process that will maybe bring the blog back, but it could take a while.

I'm a little bit offended that my life stories could trigger a spam detector, but I've decided not to dwell on that.

 I had wanted to switch over to a new url regardless (lindythehansen.blogspot.com wasn't really up to date), I just never had the motivation to do it. So, I decided to start anew. Maybe someday my old blog will be put back up, and then I can export those posts here. I finally accepted the loss, and was ready to move on with my life.

I can't believe something as trivial as a blog can send me through the seven stages of grief. But I learned my lesson, and will do better about keeping a backup of this journal somewhere safe from now on. And you would do well to learn from it too.

In other news, it's moving month! We had some overlap with our current place and our new place, so we get to move over an entire month.. Hopefully it will be a much better situation that what we're currently in. So far the staff at the new place seem much nicer than our current landlord, so that is most definitely a plus. And there is a window in the kitchen! Right above the sink! That fact alone is move worthy. I'll let you know how it goes. Pictures coming soon.

Cory's little brother will be leaving for his mission (the Tempe Arizona Mission) in two weeks. He went through the Orlando temple for the first time yesterday. 


Four generations of temple worthy Allens!
It was a really amazing experience to be there with him. I can't believe that it was me going through the temple for the first time one year ago.  

But, while the past year just slipped away like nothing, we felt every minute of the four hour car ride there, and again on the four hours back.

Cory's face says it all.
Every minute.

P.S. I was thinking about doing an "About Us" page on this here blog, so I asked Cory how he would describe himself. He said, "Sexy." I told him that was inappropriate. He decided to tone it down. "What about...cute as a button?"









7 comments:

Alicia said...

Way to get back on the horse after getting bucked off! I have an efriend who had the same issue (5 years of blogging were deleted) and she was so upset that she never blogged again. I cant blame her, but I CAN admire you! Sally forth! And here's to hoping you get your blog back ASAP.
I'll tell my buddies in the PHX area to keep their eyes peeled for Elder Allen. He's going to love it here!

Lara said...

Yay, you're back! Your new banner is so freakin' cute!
Also, I'm sure that eight hours of poop jokes was probably the biggest test of your marriage so far. I'm glad you both passed. ^_^

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry your blog got deleted, that truly is a pain!! And because of your experience, I totally went through and copied all my blog entries and typed them up in word and saved them on a back up hard drive we have! I hope you're able to get back your old stuff!! Love ya!

Unknown said...

I was literally devastated when I heard the news about the old blog. Devastated! I am so relieved that you decided to create a new one and not be bitter with blogger for screwing you over like that :)

Lindy said...

I wouldn't say that I'm not bitter...haha. I definitely am a little bit. But I'm still hopeful that I can get it back!

The Hargretts said...

I'm so sad that you lost your blog but I bet they can get it back no problem! Either way I'm excited for Lindy and Cory Stories =)

freya said...

i'm so sorry for your loss. i would definitely go through some major grief if mine had a premature death for no good reason! i'm excited to see the tabs at the top! i'm about to go explore!