Thursday, November 12, 2015

A Woodsy Party for our Benjamin Boy

Benjamin turned one! And he is such a little man. There is nothing I don't love about him. I wanted to have a little party for him, so we invited a few of his friends over (Evelyn, Ella, Harrison & Audrey) to celebrate with us.

I tried to keep it low-key and used stuff I already had in the party/christmas decoration stash. Which, is luckily, a pretty big stash, ha. We ate chili and hotdogs, and roasted marshmallows for s'mores out back.  I'm not one for themed food tables, but I'd been wanting to try my hand at Mushroom Meringue cookies for years now (they look so real!) and then I saw this picture of donut hole hedgehogs that cracked me up so we made some. (My hedgehogs look kind of like Bob Ross, but Amelia and I had fun making them so thats what counts, right?)

It was so cute to see all of the little babies sitting in their booster seats together stuffing their faces . It was like a little baby gang. The bigger kids had a lot of fun running around with little LED flashlights  and glow sticks, and then later they all piled into Benjamin's new teepee and played games.

Benjamin LOVED it. I think the big fire pit was the highlight of his life so far. Every time he managed to get to the ground he ran straight for the fire, giggling maniacally. He was a little frustrated with us that we wouldn't let him jump into the flames, but I think he'll thank us later. When we finally gave him his little cake with a lit candle on top he was SO HAPPY.  Little pyromanic. We never could get him to dig into the cake, but he played and played with that candle.

Happy Birthday baby boy! We are so lucky to have you!





No comments: