Saturday, January 9, 2010

As Promised



First order of business: I told a few very special people that I would post the recipe for delicious, fresh, and all together amazing homemade fresh Salsa. I learned to make this from my roommate Kristen, who learned it from her previous room mate, who is rumored to have learned it from mouth of Martha Stewart herself. I later saw a super cute recipe notecard for the almost same exact stuff in Becca's super de duper cute recipe cards, so I'll post that for you and note the variations I made.


(Isn't that the cutest little card you've ever seen?? And she has dozens of them! Dozens! Check out The Renfroe Scoop for more of her amazing recipes, stories, and opinions. If you want. I don't wannna be pushy.)

You can use 2 cans of Rotel in place of fresh tomatoes, and leave out the onion entirely if it makes you sick. Its really up to you, dear. I drain all of the ingredients, 'cause I don't like it too runny, and I've never used black eyed peas before. I use way more cilantro...I really love cilantro. And I've been known to use lemon juice from concentrate. And leave out the avocado if you don't have any on hand. Do whatever you want and everyone will love it. Promise. Eat it with chips, in tortillas, or just...you know...plain. I won't judge you.

4 comments:

Alicia said...

LINDY!!!!!!!

Your ability to follow through just makes me so proud to call you family. I applaud you. I need to be more like you.

Do you think you would mind doing a post for the cooking portion of my website and posting your "zalsa" recipe? (My Dad calls it "zalsa" and we copy him. Lovingly.)
Would you do that fer me? Would you?

Becca said...

Leave OUT the avoCADO??? What's wrong with you?!

Actually, I am only annoyed that you didn't photoshop my name over my sister-in-law's name. Because that's recipe protocol--you got it from ME, not her :).

I love you, Lindy Lee. Thanks for the shout out.

Becca said...

Sweet. Wow, can you even believe how much better it looks with my name on it? It's amazing--like adding a bard of cream cheese or a package of bacon to a recipe.

Cory, huh? The Netherlands, huh? Is it all right for me to comment on HERE? Is he gonna read this comment and think, "What lies has she been spreading about me?"

You need to read the Bartimaeus trilogy, if you haven't already.

freya said...

you are too hilarious.
i need you and your salsa in my life.