I made some goals, and I've been pretty hit or miss.
1) Get organized. Slowly working though this one...I kind of had to start all over last month though. So cut me some slack.
|The kitchen is the closest to feeling moved into...You're seeing my washer and dryer solution here. |
Thanks Dad and Jesse!
|And I finally hung those plates up in the dining room...getting closer!|
2) Get dressed. I actually feel pretty okay on this one lately. Getting a "real person" job helped.
3) Eat what I need. Not what I want. Epic failure.
4) Ummm...workout. 3 times a week. See above.
5) Sleep. (8 hours a night) Could use some improvement, but overall I'm doing really well.
6) Blog more. Averaging one blog post a week baby! Whoop!
7) How about: GRADUATE. I can almost taste it. Done and DONE.
8) Take pictures. Making progress here too.
9) Kiss my niece and nephew. In person. This could also coincide with a sister's reunion? Sister's reunion was a smashing success! Let's make it annual?
10) Save some clams. Umm...I do okay.
11) Read. I love reading. Daily scripture study and some fluff too. I've read a lot of fluff. And cried in the food court at school while I was reading this book:
That's normal right? Right. Anyway...
What I have really brought you here to talk about is numbers three and four (Eat right and Work Out), but I figured I could use a self evaluation of the whole list.
Last week I finally implemented my plan to force myself to work out. I got my brother Jesse to drop me off at work in the morning on Tuesday and Friday. Then, I'm left without a vehicle, and must find my own way home at 5:00. Our new place is just 2 miles away from school--the perfect wogging distance. That's right: wogging. It's what you get when you combine "walking" and "jogging." Mostly walking. But I did it! Twice! And this week will be even better! It feels good to be doing something again.
I'm planning to add a little bit more to the routine over time, but I know me, and I know how easy it is for me to slip off the ol' fitness wagon. So I'm taking it slow, and trying to make it a habit. Now that I've told you about it, you should ask me how its going sometime. That way I'll feel accountable.
Also, if you ever see me wogging, don't mention it. I gets embarrassed.
As to my eating habits, I have been eating a little better, and bringing my lunch to work. With apples, carrots or grapefruit for a snack. Yummy.
I have a whole board full of recipes I'm planning to make for work lunches. The plan is to make enough of a salad for a few days, pack it up in separate containers, and then I have lunch ready to grab.
I'll let you know how it goes!
Also, I made some cute rain cloud inspired by this cute baby shower:
|Tut, tut, looks like rain! Anyone?|