Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Christmas Morning 2013

We spent Christmas morning with Cory's family. Grandpa Allen made eggs, sausage, and the lightest, fluffiest, most deliciously mouth watering waffles. I really like those waffles. I asked him for the recipe once, and about three steps in I got so confused about the whole process. I'll have to make him write it down for me next time. And, if you're lucky I might even post the recipe here. (I can't really make promises like that...I have fallen so far off the blogging wagon...)

Anyway...after breakfast, we opened presents. Amelia went first. I wasn't going to get her anything for Christmas, just because she's so little and doesn't even know what's going on, but we caved and got her some books and a toy. I'm glad I did because, sister knows what's up. She was all. over. it. Ripping that paper, and screeching with delight. It was seriously so cute. And yes, we all did circle around and watch her every move with our complete and undivided attention. That girlie. We might be a tad bit obsessed. 

After a opening her little stack of presents from us, her aunties, her uncle B, and grandma/grandpa, she seemed to be a little overwhelmed. And when everyone else started opening their presents she got a lot overwhelmed. So, she got to take a nap. And that solved that. 

Highlight of the day: We finally finished the Christmas present project we've been chipping away at for the past 4 years! We transferred all of the Allen home videos onto DVDs, with cute little descriptions and volume numbers on the covers. I think we ended up with a total of 28 volumes, transferred over from roughly 45 cassettes. So, that little project took longer than expected, but it was worth every minute. 

We spent the rest of the day hanging out with each other, watching old home videos, and playing with Amelia. A very merry little Christmas day. 

(Now enjoy about a million pictures of Amelia in her Christmas jammies, opening presents, and eating Candy Canes, and just being generally cute...Sorry not sorry...)


4 comments:

Becca said...

I love it that you call Amelia "sister." And I love the photo of everyone gathered around her basking in her utter cuteness on Christmas morning. I love her tongue sticking out. And I love love LOVE that you are not making promises on this blog about posting recipes/whatnot. Sister's mom knows what's up.

The Hargretts said...

What perfect Christmas jammies! For real, she can wear those all year round and not just at Christmas. Plus Valentines Day is coming up! Also, WOW, those waffles lot absolutely delicious. We had waffles too... I think... maybe pancakes, honestly I can't remember. haha!

Tanya said...

Does it make me a bad person if screaming-baby pictures are always my favorite? She looks so cute all mad!

freya said...

Adorable! She's so awesome. And now I need waffles! You up for a drive? ;)